Posted on 18/12/2019 by Nick Boulton
The year is nearly done, and what a year it has been.
Whatever your political leanings, the sense of relief on Friday 13th was palpable—not because of the General Election result, but because a barrier to decision making in Westminster had been jumped.
The markets reacted bullishly, with more than £30 billion in value being added to the UK’s biggest firms. Sterling rose to above $1.35 at one point, and hit a three-and-a-half-year high against the Euro.
Does this mean the floodgates of success, prosperity and happiness will open? No, but there is a renewed sense of positivity towards 2020.
Despite 2019 being one of the most tumultuous years I have experienced in business, I think there is clarity on who will be taking us forward. We can now concentrate on making the next 12 months a success.
I’m hugely optimistic about what next year holds. Here are five reasons why:
- We have a great – no scrap that – AMAZING management team that’s established, experienced, and has Client Server culture running through their veins. We are in good hands.
- CSR—our regional team based in Esher—keep going from strength to strength. They have a growing client base, an outstanding team leader and a team of consultants that are getting better and better.
- Our Europe desk. Still in its infancy, but with huge potential, big ambitions and opportunity aplenty. I’m really excited about this.
- Dual Desk—probably long overdue, but we have unshackled our consultants allowing them to roam free across permanent and contract, adding to their opportunities. Watch this space.
- Our established teams have never looked better, with outstanding consultants and leaders that make me think no target should be out of reach.
I look around and see people who I’m genuinely excited to be working with. They have put in a serious shift this year and I think will reap the rewards they deserve over the next 12 months.
We have made some excellent hires this year that have only added to the culture, success and positivity abundant in our offices. Now is time to capitalise!
Have a great Christmas a Happy New Year. Bring on 2020!
Driven by technology, powered by people
Let's start the conversation
Follow Client Server on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.