London Tech Week 2020 has taken on a virtual flavour in light of the Covid pandemic, but there is a host of great and inclusive sessions for women in the tech industry. Here are some highlights at we at Client Server are looking forward to.
accelerateHER is a global events series and network bringing together a highly curated group of exceptional entrepreneurs, CEOs and global thought leaders in an environment conducive to catalytic discussion and collaboration. The driving force behind the accelerateHER community is that they are women first - uniting men and women to drive societal change through technology.
Back for its 5th year, accelerateHER joins London Tech Week, spotlighting the most exciting women founders and tech leaders and championing diversity and inclusion in tech and business.
- The view from the CEO, a woman's perspective
- Work-life balance and the future of exercise
- The future of SpaceTech
- The investment landscape for women
- Leadership and business growth
When : Friday 11 September
Is diversity in recruitment just a numbers game?
Using current market data, specific job seeker feedback and success case studies, attendees of techUK’s Diversity & Inclusion event will be empowered to simplify their diversity attraction, selection and onboarding agenda and generate manageable progress in achieving a more accessible and informative route to application and start to include a more diverse field of candidate throughout.
- Janine Chamberlin - Director of Enterprise Sales & Talent Solutions, Linkedin
- Stephanie Itimi - Founder & CEO, Seidea
- Elizabeth Oni-Iyiola - EDI Lead & Director, Inclusive Boards, NED, Inclusive Graduates
When : Monday 7 September, 11:00 – 8:30pm
Female Founders – Bridging the Funding Gap
The Department for International Trade presents a thought-provoking panel discussion about the challenges facing female-founded tech businesses and actions that will help address the balance.
- Liv Sibony - Founders, Seedtribe/ GEP Dealmaker
- Laura McGee - CEO & Founders, Diversio
- Dr Dana Kanze - Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour, London Business School
- Sarah Turner - CEO & Co-founder, Angel Academe
- Nadia Sood - CEO & Co-founders, Creditenable
- Selma Prodanovic -Founder, 1 Million Start-Up's
When : Wednesday 9 September, 12:00 – 1:00pm
How to build inclusive tech teams in a post-Covid world
Orgaised by remote coding platform Makers, this session will cover how to rebuild and strengthen tech teams in the wake of coronavirus, and how we ensure they include talent from a diverse range of backgrounds, thought and talent pools?
The panel will debate successes and pitfalls of previous diversity strategies and share their thoughts on how to build truly inclusive teams.
- Charlene Hunter - Founder, Coding Black Females
- Diane Constantinou - Head of Education, Makers
When : Thursday 3 September, 10:00 - 11:30am
Empowering Entrepreneurs @ London Tech Week
As the summer season closes and fears of a second wave of Covid-19 crystallise into our new normal, it’d be easy to forget the examples of racial injustice that precipitated calls for change before the summer holidays.
This day-long session, hosted by The Nest, investigate issues from best practices for overlooked founders. The aim of this event is to bring together minorities and allies, both locally and globally, to discuss concrete steps for creating an inclusive start-up ecosystem.
- Amy Lewin - Sifted
- Dawn Butler, MP
- Kike Oniwinde - BYP Network
- Dami Osunsanya - SoftBank Amali de Alwis, Microsoft for Startups UK
- Check Warner - Diversity VC and Ada Ventures
When : Friday 4 September, 12:15 - 8:00pm