London, England, £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: DevOps Team
Database Administrator / Data Reliability Engineer (MySQL MariaDB MongoDB) *Remote / WfH*. Would you like to utilise your skills at a technology focused not-for-profit organisation whilst learning and enjoying flexible working conditions? You could be joining the company that enables the efficient running of internet protocols and services across the UK.
As a Database Administrator you will ensure that the database systems which support all production systems are running smoothly 24/7; you'll focus on database standardisation, automation and resilience, working pro-actively to ensure problems don't arise and are dealt with quickly and efficiently if they do.
You'll work fairly autonomously to assess the current systems and make recommendations for improvements to facilitate the creation of fast and reliable APIs and improve the visibility, monitoring and observability of database systems. You'll work with engineering teams on data modelling and process assurance for end-to-end automation as well as providing technical support.
Driven by technology, the company is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process with a great deal of flexibility going forward with only occasional visits to the London, City or Peterborough office (around once a quarter, all expenses paid).
* You have strong experience with database engineering with a strong knowledge of database structure and theory
* You have experience with MySQL and ideally MariaDB or MongoDB but you can pick these up
* You're able to improve the visibility, monitoring and observability of database systems
* You're able to script / code with Python (or similar)
* You have a strong knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
* You're confident and pragmatic communicator, able to manage internal stakeholders
As a Database Administrator you will earn a competitive salary (to £70k) plus bonus and benefits including generous pension, training budget, health insurance and more.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Database Administrator / Data Reliability Engineer (MySQL MariaDB MongoDB) opportunity.