Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: CSR DevFEOSJava
Java Developer / Software Engineer (Java Data Kafka AWS) *Hybrid WfH / Remote*. Are you a technologist Java Developer seeking an opportunity to work on complex and challenging systems whilst continually learning and progressing your career?
You could be joining a scale-up technology company that's strategic software solutions enable Energy companies to modernise their networks and achieve increasingly demanding sustainable energy targets.
As a Java Developer you will design and develop new features and enhancements to the core, web based, renewable energy trading platform. You'll be working with a modern microservices environment deploying to AWS using CI/CD and will have the freedom to use a range of modern technologies including Kafka as part of a collaborative Agile team.
The company can offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as the ability to work from home with a great deal of flexibility going forward, you'll need to be able to visit the office in Cambridge around twice a month (or there is also the possibility to work from home / remotely full-time).
- You have strong software engineering experience with Java including experience of developing resilient and high performance multi-threaded concurrent solutions
- You have experience of developing and maintaining concurrent, scalable web applications
- You have experience deploying via CI/CD
- You have a good working knowledge of data streaming technologies - Kafka preferred
- You have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as Design Patterns
- You're collaborative with experience of working in Agile teams
- Ideally you will also be familiar with AWS, microservices, DevOps environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
As a Java Developer you will earn a competitive salary (to £70k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Java Developer / Software Engineer (CI/CD Kafka) opportunity.