Connecting to LinkedIn...

Lead Front End Developer JavaScript React

Posted 26 days ago

London, England, £75000 - £85000 per annum + benefits

Job Type: Permanent

Managed by: Front End Web Team

Lead Front End Developer (JavaScript React Node) *Remote Interview WfH*. Are you a senior Front End Developer looking to progress your career to a lead role whilst remaining hands-on?

You could be joining one of the country's leading PropTech companies that have revolutionised the way we find property for rent and sale and working on apps that are used by millions on a daily basis.

As a Lead Front End Developer you will work closely with the new Product Development team, working on Greenfield features and applications. You'll remain hands-on for approximately 30% of the time with the other 70% spent on leading the team and driving best practice; you'll coach and mentor, provide regular 1-2-1s and career development opportunities.

You'll be using a range of technologies including JavaScript, React, Redux, Context, Node, Express and Typescript, tackling complex challenges and making decisions to protect the health of the codebase, balancing short and long term factors.

This is a great opportunity as a senior Front End Developer to make the transition to Engineering Manager, remain hands-on with tech and grow the team around you.

There's currently a remote interview and onboarding process as well as the ability to work from home; in time you'll join colleagues in the London office for three days a weeks with the other two working remotely. You'll be joining a diverse team environment with a range of perks, training and career development opportunities.

*You have strong Front End engineering experience with expertise in JavaScript and React (they're also using React Hooks and component library so experience with those would be great too)
*You have experience with Node.js on the backend
*You're able to establish and promote best practice and coding standards, are an advocate of TDD and have experience with test frameworks such as Jest and Enzyme
*You understand the wider architectural impact and are able to ensure continuing improvements to the platform
*You're collaborative, enjoy managing people and helping them develop; you're excited about growing a team and being on the senior management team

As a Lead Front End Developer you will earn a competitive salary (to £85k) plus benefits.

Apply now or call to find out more about this Lead Front End Developer (JavaScript React Node) opportunity.

REF: BB/16543/C/KS/250521_1622038332

Integrity, Commitment, Quality and Endeavour

"As a software developer working in financial services looking for a role outside the sector... Oliver took this vague request and ran with it, producing specs for roles.... that were exactly what I was looking for... Oliver's and Client Server's cross-sector networks made this move possible, and it's a very unique aspect to their offering."

Stephen - Senior Developer


"Nick (and Client Server in general) are quite different from other recruiters I have dealt with. He takes the time to understand where you are and what you want next so that he can find the right job rather than just any job. The communication throughout the process was perfectly pitched and I'm very happy with the end result."

Julian - Senior Developer​


"I have worked with Client Server before to my satisfaction. They provide a very professional approach, excellent communication and an overall exceptional service in recruitment... David represents those values extremely well... I had no questions unanswered. He has organised the process with flawless precision. I would always recommend him."

Marton - Head of Development​