Software Engineering Manager (Agile CI/CD Microservices). Are you a talented software developer / manager looking for a high responsibility and impactful position? You could be utilising your skillset within a fast paced, tech for good company in the green energy space. The company's strategic software solutions enable energy companies to modernise their networks and achieve increasingly demanding sustainable energy targets.
As the Software Engineering Manager you will oversee a team of 12 engineers and lead from a technical and strategic perspective to help the business deliver a world-class, real-time energy trading platform. You'll champion best software engineering principles across the teams to ensure maintainable, secure and scalable code is delivered and will encourage Agile approaches, CI/CD and DevOps principles. The company want an experienced developer who can bring a wealth of knowledge and ideas and can be disruptive; introducing new ways of doing things / new tools and technologies.
Based in Cambridge, you'll be part of a friendly and supportive team where you can enjoy a wide range of perks including: flexible working, volunteering opportunities, company socials and parties. There will be a lot of flexibility around work from home however, you will need to be able to attend the Cambridge office 1 day a week.
- A bright software developer who has a background in any OO programming language (such as Java or C#) but is happy to move into a hands-off role
- Experience delivering maintainable, secure, scalable and reliable software
- You champion best software engineering principles and practises (Agile, TDD, CI/CD)
- You can bring a wealth of knowledge and experience - introducing new ideas / technologies and tools to make improvements
- Experience leading / managing developers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As a Software Engineering Manager you can expect to earn a competitive salary (up to £90k) plus benefits.
Apply today or call to have a confidential discussion about this Software Engineering Manager role.