Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, £55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: CSR DevC#C++Mobile
Technical Consultant / Software Engineer (C++ Linux Pre-Sales R&D) *Remote / Hybrid WfH*. Are you a technologist who enjoys client interaction and seeing the results of your work in real-world settings? You could be joining a successful start-up software house to help create the latest generation of cutting edge products aimed at the automotive sector and high performance cars; the product is currently embedded into 35 million cars and that number is rising.
As a Technical Consultant you will support both business development (pre-sales engineering) and customers with the technical integration of the core software products. You'll partner with clients to understand their needs and present solutions, articulating requirements to the engineering team, agreeing on detailed specifications and coordinating the delivery to customers.
You'll be collaborating and problem solving within an R&D environment using cutting edge technology e.g. the latest versions of Android and iOS (prior to public release) and the newest silicon and devices not yet available on the market and will be empowered to develop new ideas and prototypes that have the potential to become new product lines.
There's a remote interview and onboarding process as well as the ability to work from home; in time you'll join colleagues in offices based in Cambridge city centre once or twice a month with the majority of the time working from home with flexible hours (more office time if desired). There are also opportunities for worldwide travel to trade shows and exhibitions where you'll demonstrate the product and drive customer engagement.
- You have experience developing software using C / C++ for cross platform use
- You have a good understanding of networking programming, protocol design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- You're familiar with Linux tool-chains and Android build systems
- You have a commercial awareness and business acumen
- You're a technologist in your own time, likely to play with Raspberry Pi, IoT devices, attend conferences / meet-ups, write blogs
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable demonstrating products to senior stakeholders
As a Technical Consultant you will earn a competitive salary (to £65k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Technical Consultant (C++ Linux Pre-Sales R&D) opportunity.