Data Center Technician Aurora, Illinois to $200k
Do you have a strong knowledge of Data Center operations? You could be progressing your career in a hands-on role at a global proprietary algorithmic trading firm; you'll be working on complex and interesting systems as part of a collaborative team with a flat structure where everyone has their voice heard.
As a Data Center Technician you will join a small team responsible for the logistics coordination, installation, documentation and troubleshooting of physical equipment at colocation facilities.
Responsibilities will encompass:
- Coordinating with existing IT team to validate equipment installation and troubleshoot technical issues
- Pre-plan data center design and execution by utilizing mock equipment
- Leverage and extend existing data center best practices and documentation
- Manage data center inventory, domestic and foreign equipment orders, returns and shipments
- Project management of datacenter related projects
- Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures
Location / WFH:
The company has offices based in Aurora, you'll join the team there on a full-time basis (with some local travel to Data Centers).
The whole global team meet up twice a year for a week of networking, fun and team building.
- You have Data Center management experience including physically installing fiber optic duplex and simplex cables
- You have experience of utilizing tools to validate, clean and test fiber optic cables
- You have experience of making and running patch cables
- You're comfortable working in a Linux environment and have a good understanding of network connectivity concepts and are familiar with Cisco IOS and Ethernet networks (VLAN, spanning tree, MAC addressing)
- You're able to lift up to 65 pounds
- You have excellent English language communication skills
What's in it for you:
As a Data Center Technician you will earn a highly competitive salary (to $200,000) plus a comprehensive benefits package including:
*please note this role could also be on a part-time, consultant or CTH basis*
- 100% employer paid: Medical and Dental cover, Health Savings Account, Short and Long term disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program
- Retirements saving plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Enhanced Paternity and Adoptive Parent Leave
- Support and paid for training and certifications for self study
- Long service awards such as luxury weekends away, paid sabbaticals
- There's also a range of perks such as onsite gym at the offices, regular social events, book clubs and lunches
Apply now to find out more about this Data Center Technician opportunity.