London, England, £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Java Team
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (Kotlin AWS SpringBoot) *Hybrid WFH*. Are you a technologist Java Developer looking to progress your career, work on complex and interesting systems that provide daily challenges and improve your skills, learning from an experienced team?
You could be joining a hugely successful and growing commodities trading firm.
As a Java Developer you'll be part of an Agile development team that cares about code quality across the full technology stack designing and developing highly complex web based trading platforms. You'll make improvements to the trading robots and build back office tools to aid the operation of exchanges and make changes to the underlying accounting systems implementing new features and getting them into production quickly.
The technology stack includes Java 11, Kotlin, SpringBoot and AWS amongst others; you'll be mentored and encouraged to expand your skillset using the latest technologies and choosing the best tool for the job in a supportive Agile team environment.
There's a remote interview / onboarding process and flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week.
- You have a genuine enthusiasm for technology, most likely read blogs, attend tech meet-ups, contribute to the tech community and have the aptitude and desire to learn and work with a range of programming languages
- You have commercial core Java and ideally also Scala development experience
- You have a good understanding of Cloud, AWS preferred
- You're an advocate of Agile development methodologies and experienced with TDD
- You have a good knowledge of databases (Oracle preferred)
- You're collaborative with good communication skills
- Degree educated; 2.1 or above gained in Computer Science from a top tier university
As a Java Developer / Software Engineer you will earn a highly competitive salary (to £75k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Java Developer / Software Engineer (Kotlin AWS SpringBoot) opportunity.