Malta, €50000 - €60000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Europe Non-Dev Team
Lead Data Engineer (Python Scala Kafka Spark). Are you a talented technologist who has a background in software engineering? Do you have a deep interest in data engineering and experience with data technologies such as Spark and Kafka?
Award winning entertainment provider is seeking a talented Lead Data Engineer to join their team based in Malta. The company have a reputation for innovation and will encourage you to keep up to date with industry trends and new technologies
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will work to define and build solutions on how data will be configured, integrated, scaled, and controlled and will work closely with architects to design and build data pipelines. A typical day for you might include, enhancing the entire data suite based on multiple data lakes using a data mesh paradigm, proposing the best tools, technologies, and processes to improve the team's productivity and business value, acting as a technical expert with consumers of the data platform, and ensuring data quality and integrity in data pipelines to leverage data at scale.
The company offices are based in Malta although, you will be able to work remotely up to 4 days a week.
- You have a software engineering background using Python (ideally), Scala, or similar
- You have experience with data pipelines with the ability to orchestrate and automate the data analytics pipeline
- You have experience with data lake technologies such as Kafka and Spark
- You understand data modelling and different data structures
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You speak fluent English
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desirable: Jenkins
As a Lead Data Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (up to €60k) plus benefits.
Apply today or call to have a confidential discussion about this Lead Data Engineer (Python Kafka Spark) role.