London, England, £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Support Team
Technical Support Engineer / Systems Administrator (Windows MacOS Linux Cisco) *Hybrid WfH*. Would you like to progress your career working on a range of interesting projects at a UK based Not-for-Profit technology company?
As a Technical Support Engineer you will maintain and support Windows Desktop and Server OS, MacOS and Linux, gaining exposure to the latest technologies including VR, AR, 5G, Machine Learning and Low Powered Wide Area Networks. You'll be a point of escalation for the desktop team to make infrastructure changes, seek to automate wherever possible and help to administer the company's laptop estate using tools such MS Endpoint Manager, JSS and Auto Pilot, ensuring that incidents are resolved inline with SLAs.
This is a great opportunity to join a "tech-for-good" company that acts as an innovation catalyst, helping businesses across a broad range of industries to improve their technology capabilities with AI and IoT in a responsible manner. You'll be working with a range of technology and continually learning.
There's a remote interview and onboarding process, following that you'll join colleagues in the London office 2-3 days a week with flexibility to work from home part of the week.
- You have experience in a similar role, supporting Windows Desktop and Server, MacOS and Linux
- You're able to script with bash and are an advocate of automation to reduce repetitive tasks
- You have a good knowledge of Cisco networking
- You have experience of managing laptops using tools such as JAMF and MS Endpoint Manager and are familiar with endpoint configuration management solutions including Casper and Terraform
- You have excellent communication skills
As a Technical Support Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £50k) plus benefits.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Technical Support Engineer / Systems Administrator (Windows MacOS Linux Cisco) opportunity.